Saturday, March 28, 2009

love....hate...

Do I start with the LOVE... or the HATE??

I'll start with the hate and get that over with!! ...I hate having to tell a client that something is out of stock! ...sometimes I get fantastic yarns, clean out the store of it and then can't get it in again... once i've used it up, it's gone... that makes me sad... and I hate having to tell someone they can't have what they really want... okay, so I guess there might be one positive thing though, for the people who do get those products... they are getting something unique!
now that i've vented... let's talk about the LOVE.... or rather i'll talk... :)

I love when clients LOVE their stuff... I love when they're so excited to get their items that they can't wait until I've left to open them up... or so excited that they ask me to ship overnight so they can see it right away... which has happened 3 times this weekend!!! ...makes me very happy!!! :)

I really enjoy being able to provide a client with a product that exceeds their expectation... A loves hats but has a challenging head size.......... uh......... she has to shop in the kids department for hats!! ...so finding a "grown-up" style...not to mention finding something that looks "grown-up" AND stylish in the retail market... seems to be too much to ask! ...i've now made 4 hats for A...and she's just requested a 5th... for her it's great because she's getting what she wants and not comprimising on fit.... for me, it's fun... she loves her stuff enough to keep coming back for more...could there be a bigger compliment than that?

I took A out for some pictures on a lunch break (from the "day" job).... still trying to get the hang of taking pictures...and I ended up with a few that i'm quite proud of... yay!! We had a great agreement...she'd be patient with me because i'm no photographer...and i'd be patient with her because she's no model... :) iIve included a few of the pics from that day thoughout today's post...


Well...i'm off... that was more long winded than I anticipated... as you can imagine I talk a lot in person too!!! ...i've got lots of stuff to make for next week's newborn product shoot... i'm super excited about that!! ..i'll keep you posted!

No comments: