Thursday, July 23, 2009

a bowl of cherries...

So I thought I'd give you a little peek at another one of my loves... it's not only yarn, sticks and hooks that I enjoy playing with....

I also love fabric and needles!!! ...I really enjoy designing occasion wear for little girls... I've usually got a pencil and paper handy to sketch out the ideas that come at the most unusual times... I've put my skills to work for more than a few friends...and also for the odd wedding project! ...As with my knitting etc, I like the unexpected, colors, details, quality workmanship, exquisite materials, well thought out design...

Here's a small taste of that!

I whipped up this dress for my girlfriend's daughter... I came up with a design concept, sketched it out... sourced out the materials that I'd need, made the pattern and brought it to life. About 20+ hours were spent hand-painting the cherries onto the shantung and that was before I actually put it together. The dress was trimmed with red satin backed crepe piping and red tulle peeking out at the bottom of the full skirt. All seams were professionally finished and the garment was fully lined. Red panties and an ivory (with red trim) hat went along to finish off the ensemble.

B was a challenging fit...she's tiny! ...tiny.... so it was exciting for me to create something for her that complimented her tiny size and pixie features!

Dreams for the future.... to expand my Paper Raisins line to include custom tailored occasion wear for little girls! :)

2 comments:

Su-zee said...

I truly love that dress! It fit Brooke perfect!!

Gia said...

I LOVE IT!!! I especially love the hand painted cherries! How exquisite! LeeAnn, you did an amazing job!