Monday, January 26, 2009

new hats!!!!

Hooray for new yarn and new hats!!! ...i'm still working on the size ranges for these ones, but should have them up on the website shortly!!

I've had this pattern for a newsboy style cap for a while now and just hadn't done anything with it... found this great soy/wool blend and thought i'd give it a shot. Of course I found things that I wanted to adjust... so I'm still working on improving the pattern...

The first one is a cotton newsboy, super-cute and i'll have several colors to choose from once I get my act together!
The second is the wool/soy newsboy...which I plan to adjust (from what you see in the picture) ...I plan to line it with jersey fabric and make a double-layered brim for more structure... but I loved doing the flower pattern, they're all shell-type buttons and jewelery beads...
Unfortunately, the pic turned out WAY too dark... but you get the idea on the hat anyway!!

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Looks awesome! I think I will order one....maybe even two :) The pictures look great. The first one is my favorite! If you want, you can send me the second one and I'll see what I can do to brighten it up in Photoshop for you.