Wednesday, January 14, 2009

yarn & stuff

Well... I made it through the holiday rush... yay for me!!! :)

I got a new camera...it's really fancy!!! ...and I'm really hoping to develop some skills... me, skills and camera are somewhat questionable together, but i've always been intrigued by photography and thought there's no time like the present to jump in with both feet... and if I can get Pyper to stop making faces for more than 2 minutes at a time, i'll have an in-house model!!!

I picked up a bunch of yarn a little while ago...I saw this one and had to have it...it was stunning. I don't think I quite captured the colors of it, i'm going to have to play some more... it's this beautiful lime and aqua with silver accents... it is intended for a scarf... there was this great lady at my work who retired, she was a blast and I gave her a "pick whatever you want" gift certificate... once I came across this, I knew it had to be for her!!!



I've got a bunch of little projects in the works, and again many new styles that are on the horizon... tried to get some shots of my girlfriend's baby in a few, but I just couldn't get what I was after... got some great pics of her little guy, just none that showcased my merchandise...

I just signed up on flickr - you can check me out there too... hopefully you'll be seeing progressively better shots... more pressure to succeed if I know someone's keeping an eye on the progress!!! ...check it out at ww.flickr.com/photos/paper_raisins

...i'm off... hope you're all keeping warm...it was -49 with the wind chill today... brrrrrrrrrrrrr

No comments: